Over 200 people representing businesses throughout Boulder and Boulder County were on hand for a summer blowout party to remember! Gateway Park Fun Center hosted the Boulder Chamber of Commerce’s Summer Shindig. Party goers snacked on A Spice of Life Catering’s newly unveiled BBQ menu – summer salads, burger and vegetarian sliders along with homemade kettle chips were just a few of the food selections; participants were able to enjoy a cold brew from Oskar Blues or a glass of wine provided by Bookcliff Vineyards. And as a special treat, participants were able to select their choice of ice cream provided courtesy of Ben & Jerry’s. No party would be complete without tunes, Dang Bluegrass gave participants a taste of some good old fashioned bluegrass sound. And to feed the inner child in everyone, Boulder Face & Body Paint painted special animal tattoos on participants to get them in the mood for some go karts and mini golf! A special evening, perfect for getting us all in the mood of the summer season! For more information on booking YOUR summer shindig, visit us online at www.gatewayfunpark.com or call us at 303. 442. 4386.
Gateway Park salutes a fantastic company that held their summer outing here last week, SolidFire. This local Boulder business, a cloud based storage company with a purpose built around the problem of delivering high performance applications from a cloud infrastructure, had employees along with their families out to Gateway Park for an evening of food and fun!
Over 150 people were on hand to enjoy the fabulous BBQ event. Catering was provided by A Spice Of Life . The guests got a meal that they could really sink their teeth into…BBQ chicken and ribs, buttermilk biscuits with honey, vegan black bean burgers, and a kiddie buffet, all topped off to end the evening on a sweet note with an ice cream sundae bar.
Solidfire employees and their families raced around the go kart track, practiced their slugging in the batting cages, and worked on their putting skills at mini golf (while trying to avoid the water hazards and spying both a purple gorilla as well as a pink elephant on the courses.) The Solid Fire BBQ was a great success and very enjoyable for everyone.
Gateway Park Fun Center offers fun deals and daily discounts, if you are interested in hosting a fun party or event with us, or just want to get more information, you can call us at (303) 442- 4386 or visit us online at www.gatewayfunpark.com.
Here are 5 things that you can do BEFORE your child’s next birthday party:
As party coordinator at Gateway, I’ve organized, managed and sweated thru hundreds of parties here at the park. Most parties are great, others are a little scattered, and some are absolutely fabulous. What do I think is the key? Getting ahead BEFORE the party starts! Whether or not you have your next birthday party at Gateway Park Fun Center, here are five little things you can do BEFORE your party that may help things go smoothly and make the party enjoyable for everyone – – – including you!
1) Have a guest list – How many kids are coming? Are their parents coming? Are siblings invited? Answer these questions ahead of time and it will help you in almost every aspect of the party: where to have the party, what food to serve, what quantities you are going to need, etc…
2) Make sure your party has an end time – Believe it or not, having an ending time often helps make sure that parent’s get their kids to the party on time. This is especially important if you want to have a shorter party, say a just couple of hours.
3) When thinking food, easy might just be the way to go – Easy has many definitions; in this aspect, I am referring to the number of items to serve at your party and their efficiency in making it onto whatever serving tray you plan to use. Every once in awhile, I have a mom show up to Gateway for her child’s birthday party with bags full of items that require her time, energy and focus to prepare and assemble ahead of the party. By the time she has finished, the food looks great, but she’s tired, often stressed, and in some cases, missed part of the party. Here at Gateway, we often help if necessary, but if you are having a party somewhere else, you will be on your own. The key to success will be to think ahead, keep it easy and you will have an amazing recipe for success.
4) Get plenty of fluids for the party – I just watched this last week: a mom came to Gateway with a radio flyer wagon filled with a cooler full of ice and mini bottles of water. This was great! It was hot out and the kids were running around with red, sweaty faces having a blast. They LOVED having their own little bottles of water, and it really helped keep them from getting too hot. Especially if you are planning a birthday outside this summer, kids get hot fast. Having cold beverages at the ready is a smart move!
5) Pick a place that is simple to clean when you are finished – Unlike Gateway Park where we clean up for you after your party, if you are doing your party on your own, thinking about clean up at the end is really important. Places with corners, layers and crannies that resist cleaning are tough when you are trying to get that last kernel of popcorn. Also, we have found out the hard way that frosting can be hard to get up from a carpeted surface. If you can, pick a place that has flooring which allows for easy sweeping, vacuuming or wiping. You’ll thank us for this one!!!
Want to have the most amazing birthday ever? Have it at Gateway Park Fun Center! Spend an hour in our party room or outside in our private party area enjoying a slice of pizza and some ice cream – then play a game before hitting the go karts and mini golf! The birthday person even gets a gift! A wide variety of packages are available for you while here at the park – there’s something to fit everyone’s budget!
For more information, VISIT US on the Gateway Park Fun Center website or call us at (303) 442-4386
Join Boulder Chamber and Boulder 2140 members at this month’s Summer Shindig Business After Hours at Gateway Park Fun Center for our hottest networking event of the summer! Snack on savory bbq and other delicious offerings from A Spice of Life Catering + Events, sip on refreshments provided by Oskar Blues, all while listening to the musical stylings of Dang Bluegrass band. During the event have your face painted by Boulder Face & Body Paint and after dinner, you can compete in the hole-in-one putt putt competition for awesome prizes, burn rubber racing go karts, or challenge your friends to a round of skee-ball. Last but not least, finish off your evening with a sweet treat sponsored by Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.
REGISTER today before this event sells out! Space is limited to 200 people. 21+ please.
Reservations are requested to attend and will close on Friday, June 21.
Ticket includes: food courtesy of A Spice of Life Catering, (2) drinks and access to Gateway Fun Park Center with your choice of any two activities.
On July 19, 1910, the governor of the state of Washington proclaimed the nation’s first “Fathers Day.” However, it was not until 1972 that the day became a nationwide holiday in the United States.
This year, Fathers Day is celebrated on Sunday, June 16. Help your dad celebrate by coming to Gateway for a round of mini golf.
Mention this post and receive a free round of mini golf for your dad, on us!!
For more information visit Gateway Fun Park or call us at 303.442.4386
We will be featuring food trucks from Wandering Cow, Sweet Cow, Waffle Cakes, Sesame Seed, Tasterie Truck, SaltBox, Comida, Crock Spot, Cheese Louise, Top of the Hill Grill West, Verde, RollinGreens, and Sebs Pizza.
Serving beer will be Boulder Beer and Dry Dock Brewing with music from BOCO Entertainment. Come out and enjoy great food, great music, games, and more with some of Boulder and Denver’s finest food trucks.
All proceeds made from beer sales benefit Parenting Place, whose mission is to build a community of confident parents and healthy families!
Check out this video from the Daily Camera about last years event.